Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 30 min
Ground salmon (or salmon fillet) – 1/2-2/3 lb
Yellow onion - 1/2
Wheat croutons - 3-3.5 oz
Milk - 4 oz
Cheese - 3-3.5 oz
Sour cream - 2-3 tablespoons
1. Put croutons into milk for 5-7 minutes. Wring out and ground then with onion and fillet (or to mix with ground fillet). Add salt and spices. Make balls about 3” each and place them into a shallow pan. Preheat an oven to 400 F and bake cutlets for a few minutes.
2. As soon as cutlets will have an easy crust, it is necessary to sauce them with a small amount of sour cream (it is possible to use mayonnaise).
3. Using a cheese grater, strew cutlets with cheese and put them back to the oven. Bake until a golden crust (about 10 minutes).
Yield: 3 servings
Prep Time: 1,5 - 2 hours Total Time: 3,5 - 4,5 hours
Baked lamb leg
Yellow onion – 1large
Red wine – 2/3 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
Vinegar, salt, spices
1. Remove fat using sharp knife. From a wide side of a lamb leg, enter a knife under a fat layer and stir slightly right-left and up-down. As soon as the layer will start to lag behind meat, pull it up and remove from the main piece. Use a knife to prevent meat damage. Wash out it and dry the lamb leg.
2. To roast a lamb leg in an oven, various options are possible. It is possible to marinade, to lard, to bread, or to combine all these operations. To marinade, put a lamb in water-vinegar mix (0,5-1 cup of vinegar mix with 4 cups of water) for several hours with adding salt, sugar, chopped onion, black pepper, bay leaf and other spices. Then ready, remove and dry a lamb leg, rub with red pepper, mint and rosemary powders, mustard, red wine and leave covered for a couple of hours.
3. If you want it larded, make small holes and insert pieces of carrots, garlic, or strips of sweet and hot pepper, or sour apples into lamb leg.
4. Cover larded lamb leg with vegetable oil and roast at 450 F for 4 minutes until strong crust (which prevent a meat juice leakage). Reduce the temperature approximately to 300 F, and bake until ready (about 1 hour and 15 minutes).
Time of roasting depends on size and maturity of a lamb. The meat will be juicy, if time of cooking defines at the rate of 20 minutes on each 2 lbs. If this ratio is reduced till 15 minutes, meat is rare done. If want it well done, after 40-50 minutes of cooking cover the lamb leg with a piece of a waxing paper. Keep in mind that the marinated lamb leg takes more time to prepare than larded or rubbed with spices. Meat is ready when from a puncture made a sharp stick, light, almost transparent juice is allocated.
Serve lamb leg on a beautiful dish with pickles, sourcrout or with other garnish.
Yield: 5-7 servings
Rasputin Market and Deli opened its doors in 2004 and has since seen the continuous day-to-day growth of its customer base. The residents of Encino, Tarzana, and Sherman Oaks have already discovered this charming market, and the word of its popularity began to spread all over the Greater Los Angeles area.
Daily from 9AM to 9PM